2020 Derpibooru Community Collab

Th3BlueRose
Artist -

depressed hourglass hors
@Wiimeiser
The one to the left of Fluffle with the glasses is Sphee, then below is Harmony Star and Harmonic Tune, HarmonyCon mascots. Idk about the others
Sphee

Harmony Star & Harmonic Tune
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Artist -
Happy Derpy! -
Flexible - Bendy Pony
Best Artist - Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (5 Years) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes

Site Administrator
Public Relations
Nerd Pony
@Skoon
That would take a lot of light/shadow editing

Well, that's one way to do it…. But since I do photography as a hobby, another solution came to mind instead — add more high-powered studio-grade lighting!

Calena
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (6 Years) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (7 Years) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

A pony in need of love
@Joey
Well, I'm not that much of an expert but:

I've used a white color dodge layer after the dark blue multiply layer: The dodge effect also works over the blue shades from the multiply layer. Doing this makes all the darker colors to follow a darker blue set. And the desaturation before hand is to avoid that much contrast the multiply and dodge effects could do.

I'm not saying it's the best result but it kinda works.
I also made the background a bit blue-ish and darker (not as good as it should be…) before doing these processes (so everything can follow the same settings). This is the result:

AaronMk
Artist -
Thread Starter -  Rate the Song above You
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (6 Years) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (7 Years) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Wallet After Summer Sale -

BURN THEM ALL 1864
@Calena

I see Lefty in the image, but not the Lefty I drew for this year. Which makes me wonder did you catch on to it?

Also I'm a hobbyist photographer, although I never deal or have dealt with, or learned to work with studio lighting. I've mostly learned to wrangle with the given light in the environment I'm in, and then what I can wrangle when I run the Cammera RAW through PS's Raw editor.
Posted Report
Akififi
Artist -

waffle,scuba diving,fun
Are there all the character in it or is there more that gonna be added ?
I ask that because i don't see my oc that was submitted for this year community collab
https://derpibooru.org/images/2217597?q=oc%3Asea+glow
Posted Report
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Artist -
Happy Derpy! -
Flexible - Bendy Pony
Best Artist - Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (5 Years) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes

Site Administrator
Public Relations
Nerd Pony
@AaronMk
That image is from two years ago.

If you do a lot of portrait photography, studio lighting is nice if you have the room for it. You can get some cheap used lights off Craigslist and such (I personally prefer Paul C. Buff's Alien Bees lights). Though getting a speed light and softbox also can work wonders.
Posted Report
AaronMk
Artist -
Thread Starter -  Rate the Song above You
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Wallet After Summer Sale -

BURN THEM ALL 1864
@Joey
@AaronMk
That image is from two years ago.

If you do a lot of portrait photography, studio lighting is nice if you have the room for it. You can get some cheap used lights off Craigslist and such (I personally prefer Paul C. Buff's Alien Bees lights). Though getting a speed light and softbox also can work wonders.

Oh, OK.

Also I live in a small trailer where I've already used most of my living space up in. I'd have to do some black magic to cram a studio space, however limited into it just to not use it. But I mostly do stuff like landscapes or something because I have a tendency to move about a lot in my area, or even out of state (more so since last summer I went to Upstate New York to work with the Boy Scouts and may again do that again this year). So it's a lot of stuff like this and if I do do a portrait it's in natural lighting and 9 times out of 10 hardly planned at all.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~