Viewing last 25 versions of post by Chaotic Mind in topic 2018 Derpibooru Community Collab

Chaotic Mind
"I solemnly swear I am truly insane." - Derpi Supporter
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages (Random Useless Facts Thread)
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Crazy Pone
I'll put an end to this brain usage nonsense. Mythbusters did a test on this. Results showed we use around 90% of our brain mass. Results also showed different parts were more active depending on the current activity. Their results showed that the test subject used most of his brain mass creating and telling a story. That was when they got that 90% or so reading.

In addition they did notice that certain parts of the brain never saw activity. In science these are the dormant parts that many believe house latent abilities. Whether this is true or not is another discussion completely.

Point is both ideas are sort of right. We use most of our brain but nowhere near its full capability. If we were to unlock outr full potential as we are now our brains would overheat and kill us. Think PC CPU over clocking without adequate cooling. A PC has safeguards to prevent thermal damage in that case but we do not.

Biology. Interesting subject, no?
No reason given
Edited by Chaotic Mind
Chaotic Mind
"I solemnly swear I am truly insane." - Derpi Supporter
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages (Random Useless Facts Thread)
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Crazy Pone
I'll put an end to this brain usage nonsense. Mythbusters did a test on this. Results showed we use around 90% of our brain mass. Results also showed different parts were more active depending on the current activity. Their results showed that the test subject used most of his brain mass creating and telling a story. That was when they got that 90% or so reading.

In addition they did notice that certain parts of the brain never saw activity. In science these are the dormant parts that many believe house latent abilities. Whether this is true or not is another discussion completely.

Point is both ideas are sort of right. We use most of our brain but nowhere near its full capability. If we were to unlock out full potential as we are now our brains would overheat and kill us. Think PC CPU over clocking without adequate cooling. A PC has safeguards to prevent thermal damage in that case but we do not.

Biology. Interesting subject, no?
No reason given
Edited by Chaotic Mind